Our school values are at the core of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which prepares our pupils as confident, happy citizens.
Aims and Ethos
- We have a commitment to provide an environment where the safeguarding and well-being of children is paramount
- We want out children and all others stakeholders to be happy, secure, respected and valued as individuals
- We encourage children to have high expectations of themselves and high aspirations for the future
- Learning should be positive, enjoyable and rooted, where possible, in real life experiences
- We aim to nurture a child's emotional and social development alongside their academic progress
- We want our children to become responsible risk takers
- We want our learning environments to be inspiring and interactive
- We want our children to become increasingly independent resilient learners who are able to celebrate their success, overcome obstacles, reflect on their learning and identify their next steps
- Children are encouraged to develop creativity through different aspects of the curriculum
- We encourage children to develop respect for themselves, for others and for their environment
- We want out children to develop an understanding and respect for different cultures and diversity in all forms
- We want our children to be aware of their community, both local and global, and how they can become 'good citizens'
- We want our children to have a respect for the world that they live in and to develop an understanding of the role we can all play in looking after it